What are the Requirements to become a Surrogate?
Becoming a surrogate mother is a miraculous and incredible life experience. If you’re thinking about becoming a surrogate to help a family in need, you may have questions about the requirements for surrogacy. GS has strict requirements on health, lifestyle, and finances to help attain the highest chances of success.
- Ages 21-38 and have had at least one child of your own
- Have a BMI of 31 or less
- Non-smoker and Non-drug users
- No history of mental illness
- IUD’s will have to be removed /tubal ligation is OK
- U.S. citizen with no felonies
- Reside in a stable environment, no short-term visiting or moving plan within months of you completing a cycle
- Live in a surrogacy friendly state.
- Financially stable and not receiving any government assistance
All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. This list is meant to serve as an insight, so you can understand what some of the requirements are to becoming a surrogate. Because GS Surrogacy Agency invests such a large amount of time and resources into our application and screening process, we are proud to boast a quick match to transfer timeline and an extensive record of success stories.